Our community & sustainability efforts.
As a global auto industry leader, we are steadfast in our commitment to be a force for good in a changing world. We believe acting in a sustainable, socially responsible manner is not just the right thing to do, it’s the only way to do it. Fueled by our values, along with the energy and ideas of our people, we are united in our drive to make the world a better place and to make a meaningful, lasting difference.
Pioneering with purpose.
At Delphi Technologies, we’ve always believed that actions count, and that what we do and how we do it makes a difference. As such, sustainability is core to who we are and guides how we operate. It’s a path that allows us to bring about positive changes for our customers, our communities and our planet.
We are committed to:
- Applying the highest standards of health and safety across our organization.
- Managing a business that delivers real reductions in resource use, and minimizes our impact on the environment.
- Engaging in our communities – both as a company and a team of individuals – in order to give back, pay it forward and make it count.
- Working with our people, customers and suppliers to craft innovations that advance mobility through vehicles with cleaner emissions and better performance that go further on any source of power.
Our 2019 report outlines our performance and accomplishments against these goals and more.
There is much to be proud of on our path toward sustainability; however, our journey is far from complete. As pioneers, we remain committed to our pursuit of a more sustainable future, leading with courage and with purpose toward a better tomorrow.
– Rick Dauch, CEO
Commitment to ethical business.
Corporate social responsibility is central to our business. As a global enterprise, our customers, suppliers, investors and employees look to us to set an example, understanding that our actions – or lack thereof – can have consequences.
Achieving our goals starts with our Code of Conduct. This set of principles guides us on the right course of action in all aspects of our work – from health and safety and environmental compliance to how we interact with each other. Treating people fairly, with respect, and embracing our differences, are an incredible source of strength. One that cultivates an open, dynamic environment that allows us to bring to life what’s possible and what’s meaningful. At its core, this code is about acting with integrity, which is one of the most important things we can do. Without it – there can never be real success as individuals or as members of effective teams.
At Delphi Technologies, corporate social responsibility belongs to us all.
We are committed to operating a sustainable business with continuing reductions in resource use; protecting the health and safety of our people; and, as always, actively engaging in our communities to make a difference in the world.
– Jim Harrington, SVP and General Counsel
Discover how we're giving back, paying it forward, making it last in the places we call home.
Our guiding principles.
Creating a better world doesn’t just happen. It’s a planned pursuit that must be anchored to a set of principles that guide people in their efforts. At Delphi Technologies, we start with our vision, mission and values.
- Our vision: To be the pioneers in propulsion technologies, solutions and services.
- Our mission: To make vehicles drive cleaner, better and further while being the partner of choice for all stakeholders.
- Our values: Transparency, Inclusion, Excellence, and Respect.
We then layer in four sustainability pillars – each with aligned, prioritized and measurable areas for change.
- Environment. The contributions we make to fight climate change.
- Governance. The principles that guide our endeavors and give voice to our stakeholders.
- Products. The factors linked to what we make and sell, and our role in ensuring they are sustainable.
- Stakeholders. The issues critical to our different communities.
Our report card.
To keep track of our performance, we measure – both through ongoing internal reporting tools and external audits – our progress toward our health and safety, environmental and social progress goals.
Our 2019 accomplishments include:
- A 5 percent reduction in CO2 emissions / energy, 2017-2019
- A 26 percent reduction in total waste produced, 2017-2019
- A 13 percent reduction in water consumption, 2017-2019
- Annual lost work days (LWD) rate of 0.067 – 27-times lower than EU averages* and 12-times lower than U.S. averages in similar industries**
Our 2019 scores from outside rating agencies are:
- SAQ 3.0 (Self-Assessment Questionnaire) / NQC Supplier Assurance Platform = Average 88 percent
- EcoVadis = Silver
- Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP)
- Climate change = Score C***
- Water security = Score B-***
* Eurostat 2017, Manufacturing Industries: EU accidents average of 1,837 accidents per 100,000 employees. A 0.067 LWD rate equal to 67 accidents per 100,000 employees, 27 times less than EU average.
** U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2018 Motor Vehicle Parts Manufacturing NAICS code 3363, cases away from work rate of 0.8.
*** Aligns to the global average for all participants.
Be the difference.
Our people, at every level and location, are driven to make a difference.
When it comes to sustainability, we understand we cannot always achieve our goals on our own. To stay current and compliant, we align our efforts to the standards set by several global organizations that make it their mission to create a better world.
- Sustainability Accounting Standards Board. The SASB develops sustainability accounting industry standards that are used to help businesses communicate financially material information about their environmental, social and governance efforts to investors.
- Global Reporting Initiative. The GRI helps businesses and governments understand and communicate their impact on critical sustainability issues such as climate change, human rights and social wellbeing.
- Carbon Disclosure Project. The CDP is a non-profit organization that helps businesses and governments measure – and make public – their impact on the environment.
- The Science Based Target Initiative. The SBTi’s aim is to help companies successfully make the transition to the low-carbon economy by setting new, ambitious greenhouse gas emission reduction targets.
- The United Nations Global Compact. The compact works with companies to align their operations to the UN’s Ten Principles on human rights, labor, the environment and anti-corruption; and to take strategic actions to advance broader societal goals such as those found within the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals.
Delphi Technologies is often a stand-out for our health and safety, environmental and social activities. We’re proud that our efforts are recognized by these organizations.
Delphi Technologies was selected as Steering Group Member, EU-OSHA, 2019, in recognition for our safety leadership, culture and performance.
Delphi Technologies holds silver-level rating for its overall corporate social responsibility activities.
Delphi Technologies China is recognized as one of China's top employers for our best practices and excellence in developing our people.