Delphi United Kingdom
Delphi is one of the largest automotive suppliers delivering advanced electrical and electronic, powertrain and safety technologies to vehicle manufacturers around the world enabling them to make vehicles that are safer, greener and better connected. Your career can be as diversified as Delphi. If you seek ongoing project variety, skill development and career progression, look to Delphi. We continue to diversify our customer base and enter new global markets, creating an environment that is dynamic, resilient, and growth-oriented. We are excited about the increasing demand for our team's wide-ranging knowledge and expertise exhibited across all our major business lines. Learn what Delphi United Kingdom (UK) has to offer!
The opportunity to interact with an international workforce coupled with a high quality of life and significant professional growth potential, make the UK an intriguing place to explore career options.
Delphi is proud to maintain a growing presence in the United Kingdom. As a leading global supplier of electronics and technologies for automotive, commercial vehicle and other market segments, Delphi has the high-tech manufacturing facilities and cutting-edge research facilities necessary to provide its customers — in the UK and around the world — with quality and service.
Delphi UK facilities are located in tremendously diverse and culturally rich locations, both in urban and rural areas throughout the country. Either type of location makes for an exciting place to live and work.
Products produced in the UK include:
- Diesel fuel injectors for light, medium and heavy duty applications
- Electrical/electronic architecture components and systems
- Electronic products
Delphi UK facilities are located in Gloucestershire, Kent, Warwickshire, Suffolk, Merseyside and London, with capabilities in manufacturing, engineering technology, and the diesel aftermarket. Some highlights of Delphi UK activities include:
- Delphi's heavy duty business unit, located in Stonehouse, Sudbury and Park Royal, is a world leader in electronic unit injector (EUI) and associated diesel fuel injection technology.
- Delphi UK's Stonehouse, Gloucestershire, facility specializes in high-precision machining to sub-micton tolerances in addition to testing and assembly.
- The engineering team at Park Royal Technical Centre, West London, is an expert in design, simulation, development, prototype manufacture and engine testing.
- The Subury, Suffolk, facility specializes in the manufacture of injector nozzles and has major capabilities in precision grinding, electro discharge machining (EDM), automatic injector assembly, and high-pressure testing. The site also manufactures other direct and indirect injection nozzles (for instance for common rail systems), and filters.
- The Gillingham, Kent, manufacturing facility specializes in rotary direct injection pumps and common rail systems.
- Delphi UK's Technical Centre, focuses on the design, development and application of diesel fuel injection equipment, encompassing both road and industrial systems worldwide and almost every major area of engineering competence and technology: mechanical, electrical, electronic and software engineering. There are also advanced engineering facilities with a specific focus on hydraulic research, combustion research, noise, vibration, and harshness regulation, fuels, and mathematical modeling.
- The electronics Technical Centre in Liverpool is supported by first class design, engineering, laboratory and validation facilities.
- Delphi UK's Warwick location is a center for its extensive UK aftermarket product and services businesses as well as an electrical/electronic architecture engineering business. In 2012, Delphi expanded its Global Training Centre in Warwick. Technicians can not only learn about the latest vehicle technology advancements, but also experience the latest service and repair technologies. Courses for global customers — including franchise technical staff — include training on thermal, electronics, braking, diesel, diagnostics, steering and suspension systems.
In 2009, Delphi was awarded the Carbon Trust Standard, which recognizes the significant actions taken by the company's UK operations to reduce its total carbon footprint. The Carbon Trust Standard is a UK Government certification that recognizes achievements in carbon management and reduction. Delphi was the first automotive company to achieve this standard.
Delphi UK has earned TS 16949 quality certification and ISO14001 environmental certification.
Delphi UK is currently recruiting strongly in fields such as software and systems engineering, advanced quality engineering, design engineering, and finite element analysis engineering.
Technical apprentices as well as craft apprentices can develop a wide range of technical skills and learn about the latest computer aided design and manufacturing techniques — all with a strong focus on quality assurance.
Delphi employees in the UK are active in their respective communities. Activities are coordinated on a site-by-site basis. One such activity includes Delphi Stonehouse supporting National Apprenticeship Week by opening its doors to new engineering apprentices. The Gloucestershire-based high technology manufacturing plant encourages people into engineering with an open day at its state-of-the-art manufacturing facility where visitors have a tour and learn about skills and qualifications acquired by Delphi apprentices.