Delphi is one of the largest automotive suppliers delivering advanced electrical and electronic, powertrain and safety technologies to vehicle manufacturers around the world enabling them to make vehicles that are safer, greener and better connected. Your career can be as diversified as Delphi. If you seek ongoing project variety, skill development and career progression, look to Delphi. We continue to diversify our customer base and enter new global markets, creating an environment that is dynamic, resilient, and growth-oriented. We are excited about the increasing demand for our team's wide-ranging knowledge and expertise exhibited across all our major business lines. Learn what Delphi China has to offer!
No country in the world has seen greater expansion in its automotive industry over the past 25 years than China. Delphi, a leading global supplier of electronics and technologies for automotive, commercial vehicle and other market segments, is working with local affiliates to support the development of China's automotive industry. Delphi provides many industry-leading products to most of the major automakers in China, as well as to the world's leading vehicle manufacturers.
China boasts one of the oldest civilizations in the world, and has a history of industry and invention — including the compass, paper-making, and printing, as well as other engineering triumphs such as the Great Wall, the Grand Canal, and the Karez irrigation system. Delphi is proud to have operations in a country of such great accomplishments.
Delphi has had a presence in China since 1993. Delphi has established a solid manufacturing footprint in China and currently employs people throughout Baicheng, Beijing, Changchun, Chengdu, Chongqing, Nantong, Guangzhou, Shanghai, Shenyang, Suzhou, Wuhan, Wuhu and Yantai.
In 2012, Delphi China held a groundbreaking ceremony in Yantai, Shandong Province, for a new diesel manufacturing facility that will enhance its ability to serve a rapidly growing customer base in Asia. The investment in Yantai represents Delphi's commitment to be a strategic, market-relevant diesel fuel injection supplier in China.
Also in 2012, Delphi Packard Electrical/Electronic Architecture Asia Pacific inaugurated its new wiring harness plants in Chengdu and Chongqing, marking Delphi's extended manufacturing capability into the interior regions of China.
Delphi China is dedicated to providing its customers innovative technology and superior service. As part of that dedication, Delphi has established four world-class research and development centers in China. Engineers at Delphi China's research and development facilities work on engineering projects that support not only automakers in the local markets but also customers in other parts of the world. Delphi's research and development efforts in China have led to earning more than 100 patents in the past few years.
A wide variety of technologies are produced in China, including:
- Electrical/electronic architecture
- Engine management systems and components
- Radios, navigation systems, sensors, and other automotive electronics
Delphi's operations in China have continued a legacy of providing excellent products and services to customers and is proud to be recognized with many honors. A few of the most recent are listed below:
- CHaINA Award from the Global Supply Chain Council, for two years in a row
- Auto Parts 'Recommended Brand' from Auto Magazine
- Best Supplier Award from Shanghai General Motors, for seven years in a row
- Best Supplier Award from Jiangling Motors, for three years in a row
- Best Supplier Award from Dongfeng Nissan, for five years in a row
- Best Business Partner Award from Chang'an Ford
- Best Supplier Award from Beijing Lear Excellent Supplier Award from Dongfeng Peugeot Citroen Automobile, for six years in a row
- Excellent Supplier Award from SGM Dong Yue Automobiles Company, for six years in a row
- Top 10 Suppliers Award from Brilliance Auto, for six years in a row
- Chrysler RSO China Excellence Supplier
- Strategic Cooperation Award from FAW Group
- Excellent Localization Supplier Award from FAW VW
- Excellent Foreign/joint-invested Automotive Components Company from China Automotive News
- Leading Automotive Component Enterprise Award from China Association of Automotive Manufacturers
- Supplier Award for Digital Navigation Products from China Information Association
- Automotive Aftermarket Most Popular Brand Award, from Auto & Parts magazine
- Excellent Auto Parts Supplier Award from China Association of Automobile Manufacturers
- Automotive Aftermarket Premium Quality Award, from China Auto & Motor Parts Chamber & Commerce
Other original equipment manufacturers who recognize Delphi as an excellent supplier include JAC, Shenyang Aerospace Mitsubishi Engine, BAIC Foton Engine, Shenyang Aerospace Mitsubishi Engine, Dong'an Mitsubishi Engine, Mianyang Xinchen Engine, Dongfeng Yu'an, and more.
Delphi China requires many skilled and talented people, including those educated and experienced in automotive engineering and manufacturing. Below are just a few of the many positions that Delphi China regularly seeks qualified applicants:
- Application engineers
- Business development managers
- Computer-aided engineering (CAE) engineers
- Design engineers
- Electrical engineers
- Mechanical engineers
- Product engineers
- Prototype engineers
- Software engineers
- System engineers
Employees working at various Delphi China locations actively support social responsibility through voluntary contributions as well as being active in their communities. More specifically, Delphi China's employee volunteerism activities support the themes of "Care for the People," "Support Education," and "Care for the Environment." From schools to elderly homes, communities to parks, or even in disaster-hit regions, the footprints of Delphi volunteers can be found throughout China.
A national program — known as "Delphi Volunteers" — has been in existence at Delphi sites across China since 2009. It encourages Delphi operations in China to implement employee volunteerism activities that make a contribution to the public welfare, by supporting education, environmental protection and caring for people in need. Delphi China volunteers represent the true spirit of responsibility and giving and they are proud to make their local communities a better place.